- Dino X is NOT a treatment for cyano bacteria.
- When used correctly, Dino X is harmless to inverts and fish.
- Dino X should always be dosed in the evening or 1 hour AFTER main lighting has shut off.
Photosynthesis of Zooanthellae algae is discontinued, ultimately allowing for optimal effect of Dino X Main lighting phase should be no longer than 6 hours daily.
- Set skimmer to skim wet and run 24/7.
- Water parameters can be adjusted with Balling Light or lime water. These do not affect Dino X performance.
- Pre-mixed Ca, Alk, Mg, solutions should be used with caution as these often contain additional trace elements.
DINO X is a very strong and effective solution which removes any hairy or plague type algae growth and dinoflagellates in Reef Tanks. It treats algae outbreaks in reef aquariums without harming any corals.
Dosage recommendations and advice
- 5 ml Dino X per 100 L (26 gal) of aquarium water
- To prevent overdose, it is very important to calculate the exact volume of aquarium water.
- For heavy infestations and outbreaks, up to 6ml Dino X per 100 L (26 gal) can be dosed.
- High performance skimmer is recommended.
- Dosage should be repeated every 2 days until algae is completely eliminated.
- A general treatment period cannot be given due to many variables.
- Dinoflagellates can usually be treated with 10 dosages.
- Other algae can be treated with about 15 doses.
- Do not perform water changes during treatment period. Resume water change schedule after 1 week of last Dino X dose.
- Do not dose any trace elements during treatment period. Do not dose any mineral salts, amino acids, SPS food, or Balling Light Trace B Elements
- Do not use ozone or carbon during treatment period.
- Discontinue any kind of absorbing media such as GFO and PO4 removers.
- Run Fauna Marin Carb L immediately after last Dino X dose; follow recommended dosing instruction.