Rowaphos is the professional method of removing Phosphate and Silicate in all types of Aquariums and Ponds. RowaPhos is guaranteed to remove more phosphate than any other product worldwide.
In freshwater or salt water aquariums phosphates will feed nuisance algae which can overrun plants and expensive corals spoiling the aesthetics of the tank and in extreme cases killing its inhabitants.
Within the reef aquarium, phosphates will greatly affect the formation of coral skeletons by reducing calcification by over 50% and by inhibiting the deposition of strontium. It is suggested by Borneman that phosphates are a direct poison to calcification.
RowaPhos is a unique and patented, man made ferric hydroxide material chemically engineered for the efficient removal of phosphates, arsenic and silicates from fresh and salt water, having initially been developed in Germany for treating mains water supplies.
RowaPhos should not be confused with natural materials, which are generally based on aluminium oxide, (zeolite) or even other iron based products which claim to be the same product from other manufacturers.
- 100 g/100 mL RowaPhos will remove 3ppm of phosphate from 100 US gallons of saltwater.
- 250 g/250 mL RowaPhos will remove 3ppm of phosphate from 250 US gallons of saltwater.
- 500 g/500 mL RowaPhos will remove 3 ppm of phosphate from 500 US gallons of saltwater.
- 1000g/ 1 L RowaPhos will remove 3 ppm of phosphate from 1000 US gallons of saltwater.
- 5 kg/5 L RowaPhos will remove 3 ppm of phosphate from 4500 US gallons of saltwater.
RowaPhos Recommendation for Use:
- Never wash the product unless fluidising.
- It must be kept damp at all times, it is not as effective if it dries out therefore, replace the lid if not using all of the container.
- Place the product between two layers of filter wool in a canister filter.
- Do not sprinkle into the your reef tank.
- Do not place it into water without surrounding it with filter wool
- RowaPhos recommends that you use a small quantity and replace regularly rather than a large amount and replace infrequently.